Thursday

Tender Mercies

Today Kaylie's rosebush bloomed. The soft but beautiful yellow blossoms remind me Kaylie's simple but beautiful spirit. Thank you again to Ben and Corinne for this wonderful gift that will bring beauty and comforting remembrance year after year.
Lately things have been....well, I don't know really, just off. You know when you're sick but you don't really realize the extent of it until you get better? It was kinda the same today. I've been "sick" all week, just not taking care of myself or really having motivation for anything, until today when an awesome friend decided to stop by and visit for a while. She helped me to realize just how "sick" I was and got me back on track; jumping back into living life again. I'm so grateful for these tender mercies the Lord sends to us when we really need them most, from flowers to friends.

6 comments:

Justin, Kelli, Estin & Eli said...

Can Estin and I come see you tomorrow (Friday)... maybe morning before nap or afternoon (after nap) :) (nap is usually between 1pm-3/4ish)

Steph said...

Beautiful post, Christine. I believe that we are given tender mercies right when we need them.

Love the roses - they are so beautiful, just like Kaylie.

Love you...

Unknown said...

Here's a long distance "feel better" hug.

c a n d a c e said...

Beautiful Post, Sis.

I love you. And I love Kaylie.
(and sammy and robert)

-Candace

Leslie said...

The roses are so lovely - they are a perfect reminder of our sweet Kaylie. I'm sorry you have been through a tough week - I hope you know I am always here if you ever want to talk/cry/vent/whatever. I'm sending lots of Mommy hugs for you, my sweet Christine!!!

Anonymous said...

So sweet. I know it can be hard. But you are doing amazing. Please know that I am here if you ever need to talk. Love you. It will get better. I promise. But it takes time.