Saturday

More Friends

Today Sammy got to play with Joshua, another little friend he likes to play with often. Josh's dad is my brother-in-law's younger brother, if that makes any sense at all.
Josh turned two about a month ago, but he and Sam get along pretty well playing with blocks and trucks and balls. Here, they are trying to clear the blocks as fast as they can, hence the blur.

Here Josh is showing me the "W" block that has a picture of a watch on it, saying that Josh wanted a watch, too.
Sammy has begun a fun little practice of stuffing things down his shirt. It's funny when it's blocks or cars ... not so funny when it is strawberries or crackers!
And lastly, I had to show off my Smurff hand. I saw an idea in a magazine for some "goop" that you can make at home for kids to play with. I thought it was supposed to be like play dough, but turns out it wasn't a good substance to give to toddlers. The blue food coloring I used was a little potent or something, because I cannot get my hand back to its normal color, even after five washings! I just wonder what people will think when they see it at church tomorrow!

7 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

If you want a fun substitute for play dough that won't be a problem if the kids swallow it (because it seems kids are very intrigued with the idea of eating play dough)...my mom has a recipe for peanut butter play dough that my cousin absolutely LOVES and has used with her six month old baby.

Unknown said...

Cute smurf hand, good luck with that.

Corinne said...

There's my two handsome nephews! Love 'em both! I'm so glad that they're buddies! Love ya sis!

Julie said...

I am so glad that they had fun together. I still need to send you the pictures I have of the two of them. Thanks again for watching Josh!

c a n d a c e said...

bahahahaha that's funny sis!! Cute lil friends... :)

Love ya!!

Katie said...

okay, now I understand the smurf comment. funny. Oh, you looked really cute at church today btw.

Jenn said...

how cute!