Thursday

It Finally Happened...

The event I have been waiting for since we moved in happened tonight: Sammy fell in the ditch. I just knew the moment I saw the insufficient fence and all the rocks nearby that one day, and probably sooner rather than later, Sammy would be playing and fall in.
But thankfully...

The ditch was only this full. Just enough to get your feet wet. And he only made it to the concrete slab you see near the water, but not quite in it. Don't worry, I am a better mother than to let my son be playing near a ditch full of quick-moving water. I figured if it were to happen, better to happen now when it is nearly empty and have him learn his lesson, right? If only.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope the poor little guy learned something. Ask Sammy's daddy how often he fell in the ditch. And then ask him about the time his big sister saved him after he fell out of his inner tube while floating down the ditch.

c a n d a c e said...

Awww poor Sam Sam. He looks so dang sad. I bet he learned... bahaha riiiight. If only it was that easy. Love you guys!!