Monday

Day Project

A friend of mine asked to have one of my boxes from when we got our new TV in March. When I asked her what she wanted with a long, skinny box she told me she had an idea for a bean bag toss for her son. On Saturday we had one of those random, not-very-often (thank goodness) shopping trips where we didn't have anything in particular we needed and we just went wherever. On this shopping trip we found an amazing deal on a great wheelbarrow.
Looking at the long, skinny and quite durable-looking box, I was reminded of my friend and thought "I can do that!" So at the store today, I found a cute blue remnant that was 50% off, making it less than a dollar and more than what I would need for my project (YES!!!) While Sam napped, I whipped up nine bean bags out of the bright blue fabric and when he woke up we spray-painted the box with some leftover from another project.
As you can see, Sam thoroughly enjoys his new game, although he has figured out how to cheat quite quickly! :) (see picture below) But at least it is something fun, new and cheap!! Plus he can play it outside or inside and I can play with him. I purposefully (or tried to) cut shapes as the openings so that hopefully we can start working on learning those soon!
In other news, we did go talk with the big boss and were given a raise - hooray!! It wasn't alot, but we were also offered to start on the short term bonus program, which most salary employees are not offered until their third year (we have been here for a little over a year and a half), so we have the chance to earn a bonus up to ten percent of our salary based on performance at the end of the year.

1 comment:

c a n d a c e said...

Wow, sis, this is FANTASTIC news!! I am so glad for you guys!! P.S. I really love the beanbag idea. Sammy deserves it with his amazing potty ventures. :)