Saturday

Cake Craziness

I promised my Mom that if she came up to Idaho, I would make a cake special for her. Well, the family is here, so we have another cake. I like this one alot. I took some ideas from a cake in my class book and changed it up a little. The cake is french vanilla and has a raspberry jam filling. Then I tried out almond flavored icing, which I think of most of us liked alot, and went to town. I missed one class of the first course where we did these drop flowers, so I decided to give myself some good practice. All in all, a pretty good cake.
Yesterday we had fun playing with each other and the adults took turns going out to do their "fun stuff", which for the guys was fishing and for the women was lunch and shopping. Today is supposed to be super hot, so I'm thinking we will try to go swimming somewhere and then tonight all the adults are heading to Jackson Hole for the Bar J Wranglers dinner and comedy show, leaving the youngsters home with a sitter - should be a great day!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I think that cake turned out great! Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun.

c a n d a c e said...

The cake is GORGEOUS, Sis!! I'm so jealous they are all up visiting and having a blast. Hey - I went to that Bar J Wranglers show and LOVED it!! Enjoy. :)