Tuesday

Fun & Fantabulous Cake!

Tonight was the last night for my Fondant and Gumpaste class at Michael's, so we were to bring a cake to complete using what we had learned throughout the course. Thankfully, my visiting teacher had her baby so I have someone to give a cake to, but I also had a specific purpose in mind to guide my creativity.
This is the cake I was going to do, but after getting the stripes and ball border done, I decided to take a different direction, especially since two other people in my class were doing the exact same cake! This baby is #6 in the family and the fifth girl and with the chunky ball border that reminds me of the Flinstones, I decided to go for a really cute little girly style instead of something so formal. Do you think I accomplished that? I really hope she likes the cake. I know I am really proud of my design and I am just bubbling with ideas for more cakes, I just need to fine more occasions/people to make them for so I can get better! :)

7 comments:

Maples Family!! said...

WOW THAT CAKE LOOKS AWESOME! I LOVE IT!I AM SURE YOU FRIEND AND HER FAMILY WILL JUST LOVE IT TOO!

Tenika Dennis said...

SO CUTE!

Stacy Smith said...

I really like your cake. I love the flowers on the top of the stripes. It finishes them off nicely. Really cute! Don't wait for an occasion. Just make a cake and deliver it to someones house. Cake still tastes good even if there is nothing special to celebrate.

Unknown said...

Wow, it is super cute. Way to go Christine!

Julie Barnes said...

WOW! This cake is AMAZING!! Great job!!

Bec Davis said...

Good job on the cake.

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Love the cake! I wish I was there to decorate cakes with you!