Wednesday

Gumpaste Flowers

Sorry this is a little out of focus, I had to turn off the flash so you could actually see the flowers and that of course just screws up everything else. These cute little daiseys are so fun, easy and quick - I just love them! And the green leaves just make them pop! These and the mums below are going on devil's food cupcakes filled with raspberry jam and frosted with chocolate buttercream for the baby shower I'm throwing tonight. The colors are baby blue, brown and cream, so I think it will go nicely!
And the fun mums. I realy like this sky blue color! The original plan was to make all mums for the cupcakes, but they take alot of time (six layers for each flower) and half of my bases broke on the way home from my cake class last night (argh!) The bases have to be made ahead of time and allowed to completely dry before doing the flower and then allowing the whole thing to completely dry, so I opted for the daiseys.

This is the diaper cake. I don't know how I feel about the stuff I got to put on the cake, but it is only my second one, so I'm still learning what works and what doesn't.

I thought I would share what my workspace looks like when I get out my stuff to work on gumpaste flowers minus the baby shower stuff in the back. Quite daunting, isn't it? This is exactly why I do it only when Sam is alseep, otherwise.......well, you can imagine! Tonight we are doing a baby shower for my good friend who only has three weeks left, yay! I'll post pictures probably tomorrow to show you how it all comes together, if I can get everything done! :) Have a good one!

7 comments:

Steph said...

You're amazing!!

Maples Family!! said...

You are so super amazing!!! that chocolate cake sounds sooo yummy!!! nice job on the flowers! Love them!

Team Skousen said...

How fun! The flowers look amazing!

Tasha said...

You are in SOOOOO much trouble! This was supposed to be simple, and easy, you weren't supposed to kill yourself over it! Everything looks really cute! lol

Amanda said...

My goodness you're crafty! Good job on everything. You did an excellent job on your gum paste flowers.

Devin and Andrea said...

Those look so good Christine!!! I'm impressed!

Devin and Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.