Tuesday

Gumpaste Flowers

Tonight we finished the rose, the carnation and did the calla lilly and I think I am the most satisfied with my rose. I love the color and it looks way better than my roses from the basics class. It just really bothers me that I couldn't get the middle covered completely, but the petal shapes look pretty good. More practice on these this week, though just to get it down nice and pat and to practice doing buds and smaller roses, too, I think.
To say the least, it was oobers of fun (and yes, oobers is a real word!)

Yeah, my carnation needs work, but that is why I have seven more bases to practice on this week - they are kind of an acquired skill is what our teacher talked about, but everyone else's looked fine, oh well.
K, don't ask me why the stupid camera wouldn't focus on the lilly, but oh well. This one turned out crummy because my gumpaste was too thick and also very dry, so I will attempt some more later this week and may post those for comparison. For my final in this class, I am thinking of doing a pastel color in fondant covering the cake with a pile of these on top, what do you think? Something to try that is simple, yet elegant.

6 comments:

c a n d a c e said...

Heya sis - wow I love the flowers!! You knew I'd say this but... it's Calla Lily. And I think they are all fantastic -especially the rose (prob my fav too) WAY TO GO!!

Tenika Dennis said...

You really have a talent for this stuff! Would you have the lilies sweeping up one side and then coming up on top, or just leave the sides empty? It sounds pretty!

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Way cute! I think they all look good! Do you like working with the gum paste?

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome!! You could totally open up a business with how good you are getting! I want to take a class now!

Ben & Carli said...

I think that would be beautiful, the Calla lily is my very favorite flower. I think your flowers look great, I am very impressed.

Brett and Shendi said...

i think there beautiful. remember we are our own worst critics.