Thursday

More Cake

Last night was the last class of the first course of the Wilton cake decorating classes. Mainly we learned how to print/write and how to make ribbon roses. The cake I did last night I gave away before I could take a picture, but I made another one today to practice more roses, but I still can't seem to get it right. Oh well. I guess I will just have to practice even more :) I love how the bright, fun colors pop against each other. This cake is for my neighbor who watered my garden while we were gone.

And in other news, we are starting potty training with Sam today. It has been one heck of a morning. Beginning around 2 am, Sam woke up crying five or six times and had a fever. But we are going ahead with the potty training anyway, since the Tylenol/Ibuprofen schedule is keeping him feeling ok. I am trying a method recommended by my sister where you practice and practice and practice everything a ton. It makes for an intense day of pants checks and encouragement every five minutes (literally) but I think he is getting the idea (said hesitantly). He had three accidents this morning, but he pooped in the toilet with no issues and when I went to go make lunch, he took himself to the potty and did the whole thing without any word from or to me. I was so excited!!! I know it is early to get excited, but I am just glad we aren't fighting it the entire way. I was especially afraid when he screamed and refused to put on the underwear this morning, but once I got it on him and began to teach him the routine with his elephant he did ok.

One more bit of news, Robert and I are meeting with his boss tomorrow to discuss a raise! Hooray! Wish us luck!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a rebound! Potty training, cake decorating, and a possible raise two days after vacation! Amazing.

And your roses are so pretty.

Julie Barnes said...

Your trip looks like it was so much fun. Good luck with the potty training. I will be ready this time next year for all your advice :) ALSO... good luck with the raise.

Maples Family!! said...

I think you cake looks awesome! And very Yummy! It only took Hyrum about a month get potty trained! It was a great! Good Luck, with it and the talk with the boss!

c a n d a c e said...

Good job Sammy boy and GOOD LUCK Teen and Robert!! :)