Tuesday

At It Again

So I am trying something new, again! Today has been terrbly windy. Like so windy you can barely stand up, so I needed something to do inside. Our good friends, the Potters, wanted to come over and play, so while the boys entertained each other I took advantage of the situation and made cooked jam. We went and picked our own raspberries last year and I froze them thinking we could have them on ice cream and waffles and such. But that hasn't really worked out well, so I made five pints of raspberry and six pints of strawberry jam today. We tried using the no sugar pectin, but added in a little bit of sugar anyways, so we will have to see how it tastes. So now I can say I have made freezer and cooked jam! What are your thoughts and ideas on cooked jam? Anyone have experience with mixing flavors? This sounds really fun to me, but I have no idea how to go about it. Let me know your thoughts, ideas, or criticisms - but please try to be kind! :)

P.S. I was released on Sunday from my calling in Enrichment and was given a new calling. Can anyone guess what I'm doing now?

3 comments:

Katie said...

We love cooked jam. The recipes have come a long way from when our grandmas made it. We mix flavors all the time just make sure you meausre the fruit and follow a recipe so that the jam will set right. We like blueberry-strawberry a lot.

Unknown said...

Cub Scouts! Thats where all the fun is.

Julie Barnes said...

Cooked jam sounds awesome. I am going to have to try that some day. As for a calling... how about nursery?