Wednesday

More Education

So my good friend, Julie, and I have been doing alot of classes together and we are at it again. This round is called cake decorating. We have done yoga and gardening together and now we are finally getting some formal education on decorating, which we both love. We are doing the Wilton cake decorating class #1 taught at Micheal's. It is two hours once a week for four weeks. I will have to miss one class, but felt it was worth it anyways, especially to do with a friend! Tonight we learned about the basics of baking, filling and frosting a cake and began practicing doing stars. That is what is up with all the stars on the cookies; I was playing around with doing stars in general and then trying stars of different sizes. Sam ate the one that was a smiley face and kept telling me "miley face gone!" when he had finished it. What a surprise! :) Hope you enjoyed your Wednesday evening!

3 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

Cake decorating is fun! I'm excited to see your skills as you go through the class, because I've already seen that you have a lot of talent.

Julie said...

I will try to take good notes and we can get together after you get back and I will show you what we did. I am glad that you are taking it with me, it makes it a lot more fun.

Devin and Andrea said...

That sounds like so much fun! Cake decorating is a lot harder than I thought it would be. But you seem to make it look really easy! :) Have fun!