Thursday

Happy July!!

Can you believe it is July already?! Sheesh! I don't know where June went! This week I have been busy working on getting the 50 pounds of peaches I recieved on Saturday either canned or frozen. We had a rough go of it Tuesday night, but then my friend came over and helped me can on Wednesday morning and I finally got the hang of it again. Then I finished the last of them this morning. But between mistakes, some munching and half a box going bad, we got four containers frozen and 13 pints canned. I love the way they look in the jars, though - so pretty!
As for Sam, he has been having a great time with the new swimming pool and squirt guns Daddy brought home the other night. And all this super warm weather helps those things to be extra fun, too! When I took the picture of the peaches, he automatically demanded to have his picture taken, too and these are what he gave me.

Hope you enjoy them! We are crossing our fingers that we will be leaving for Washington tonight to join my family at my sister's house for her baby's blessing on Sunday, but who knows? Hope you all have a great Fourth of July and I will post pictures later of the fun cake I am attempting for the holiday!

1 comment:

Julie said...

The peaches look great.

Took Josh to the Dr. today and he thinks it is a reaction to the sun, so I get the fun job of trying to keep him out of the sun for a few days to see if that works. I don't know how I am going to do that. I wish we had some big trees that provided shade so he could still play outside.

Let me know when you find out if you are going or not.