Monday

Bravery

Look at what I did! So a few weeks ago, I saw a snake in the grass of our front yard slithering away. I didn't see where it was going and the first thought that came to my mind was to get Sam away from the thing before I thought to kill it. I ran to the local hardware/gardening store and asked what I could do. The recommendation was to put poison out to kill the food source - mice. I was bringing in the trash can from the road and noticed the package of poison I had put in a hole near the garage was out on the driveway and partially open. Then I see the tail end of the snake slithering into my flower garden. This time Sam was safely in the house, so I decided to get the hoe and take care of it while I knew where it was. Bravery is definitely doing something despite being scared, because I was terrified! I know right now Dad is probably chuckling at my fear of snakes. There were many occasions growing up when my Dad would pick up a snake and make, yes MAKE, us pet its belly. But that doesn't stop me from trembling just thinking that I took on the snake myself. Neither does the fact that this is probably just a garden snake. As Robert and I both vehemently agree, the only good snake is a dead one!

5 comments:

Maples Family!! said...

you are very brave! A lot braver then I would have been...NICE JOB!

Julie Barnes said...

WOW!! You are my hero!

c a n d a c e said...

I'm so proud of you, Sis!! I gotta agree - I like dead snakes better than live ones. :)

Bec Davis said...

SICK!! I hate snakes with a passion too:0) Too many poisonous ones in Australia I think. Good on ya!

Devin and Andrea said...

Yeah, I don't think I could have done it. Good job! :)