Thursday

Ready to Know?

I will tell you my new calling.....after I tell you all about my cake decorating class last night. I know, the suspense! We had tons of fun last night at my class. We practiced leveling, torting, filling and icing our cakes, which our teacher had demonstrated the week before. Then we learned how to do the 3D ball and also practiced doing image transfer using piping gel. Basically you trace an image in piping gel onto parchment paper and then put it on your cake and the clear piping gel gives you an outline to follow/fill in. Last night we did cupcakes and had fun coloring icing and decorating our cakes with them. Mine turned out a pastel pink and blue decorated white cake frosted in homemade cream cheese frosting, with strawberry freezer jam for filling -delicious!!!
And as for my new calling - are you ready? Visiting teaching coordinator. Yep, that's it. Nothing cool or amazing, but exactly what I need in my life right now. Something behind-the-scenes, low-stress most of the time and something to organize and improve. My kind of deal.

No comments: