Tuesday

Saturday - Day 4

So Saturday the Marble's had a stake Primary Activity day, but before heading to the stake center, Kayla took a little time to show me Yale. It was amazing to see the architecture of the old, stone buildings.
Kayla said it reminds her of Harry Potter, and I totally agree!!


Here are the kiddos getting started with the games. This game they had to grab little sports ball marbles with their toes and put them on the green plates outside of the pool. Sam did so well at this game, I couldn't believe it! They also had face painting, sidewalk chalk, bubbles and hand/foot printing.
One thing about Connecticut, though is it is stinkin' hot and HUMID. I know it isn't as bad as further south, but it was enough for us to get a good sweat worked up most days! Sam had 8 cups of popcorn, 6 glasses of water and 4 otter pops! While we were at the activity, I had the chance to use my nursing abilities when a car crash happened right in front of the stake center. Thank goodness no one was hurt, but it was my first time responding to an accident and made me just a bit nervous.

Elli doing the foot printing.

Kayla and Gracie getting out of the heat
At the end, they asked the bishops to participate and they put shaving cream all over their faces and let the kids throw mini marshmellows at them, trying to get them to stick. Adam was a good sport and the kids had a blast!

After the activity we were supposed to go swimming at a beach in Rhode Island, but thanks to traffic and another severe storm, the beach was closed when we got there (we'd driven two hours just to turn around and go home) We tried just even walking out to the beach, but the lifeguards said it really wasn't safe to be out there and so we decided to hit up the movies instead and saw "Toy Story 3" with the kids. I thought it was good, although I wouldn't say it made me cry. I was just glad there was a good movie we could take the kids to that Sam was really excited to see! Ever since we got Toy Story 1 and 2 from the Disney Movie Club, he has just loved Buzz and Woody.

Running back to the cars before it started raining too hard.

No comments: