Monday

Cake!

Ok, so I feel the need to show off my latest endeavor. I saw an idea on my favorite blog, Make It and Love It, for a fourth of july cake beyond the typical berry cake. Now, I never do a cake for occasions like this. Usually we only have cake for birthdays, period. But this looked like so much fun and we were having the big family get together, so I thought it would be perfect!

After alot of work and frustration, the end product not only looked cute, but tasted fabulous!!! It is five layers with homemade cream cheese frosting. And the best part?! When you cut into the cake, it looked just like the flag! No joke! Yes, I know it was ridiculous to spend so much time on something not so important, but it was fun to try and thanks to all those who helped!!! (sorry no pictures of the inside, but you can go over to Make It & Love It to check it out for yourself and see how I did it, just click on the Make A Cake series and look at Flag Cake)

4 comments:

Maples Family!! said...

I am so glad you tried that cake and it looks sooo cuper it cute with the stars on it!!! I want to try it out too!! you did a GREAT JOB!!!

Team Skousen said...

WOW! You are ambitious! I saw the tutorial and I was like...wow...so hard! ha ha...yours looks awesome!

Tenika Dennis said...

That looks awesome, Christine! Good job!

Steph said...

That cake looks amazing! Glad you all had so much fun together. We will miss you and your family at the reunion.