Wednesday

Had an Idea.....

So I had an idea yesterday as I was making birthday and thank-you cards and I wanted to throw it out there for my friends and family to comment on, so please tell me what you think. I was thinking that I could start a new blog that would feature the cards I have made (only my best ones of course) and I could sell them? I have alot of ideas floating around in this little brain of mine of how to approach it, but overall do you think people would be interested in buying homemade cards? I was thinking of taking pictures of each card, then letting the buyer decide if they would like to buy a pack of the same card, or create their own "variety" pack or even make it flexible enough where the buyer could somehow (again, still coming up with the details) request a custom design whether it be with a certain color scheme or whatever and I'd make it. I was thinking of advertizing on the BYU-I bulletin board and making a button that would be featured on the Make It and Love It blog (she's taking sponsors right now and really helping moms with their own businesses get the word out). Again, this is a very new idea, so I want everyone's feedback on whether they think it would be worth it, ideas of how to make it successful or if you think I am just plain dumb and should keep my silly ideas to myself next time. :) Please let me know what you think!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I think that is a great idea. I have wanted to make cards but I am not creative enough or just never like what I make. So I could just buy yours. I say you should go for it. It won't hurt to try.

Stacy Smith said...

I think that it is totally worth trying. There is not a lot of overhead cost so you can't really lose anything. I had a friend in CA that used to sell homemade stationery. She had a similar plan where she showed a sample and then personalized each order as the person asked for.
Good luck with it!

Julie Barnes said...

I think it sounds great. Any idea is worth a try. Do it ;)

Steph said...

Having been the recipient of some of your amazing cards, I think this is a great idea!! Your cards are so creative and cute. If you decide to go for it, count me in for an order. I like the bulk pack idea - especially Thank you, Birthday and Christmas cards.

Love ya!

Corinne said...

You do such a great job on your cards, Christine! I think it's a wonderful idea! Count on receiving an order from me! :0) Love you!

Unknown said...

It's totally worth trying. You'll never know if it could work if you don't give it a try. And people love cute, original handmade cards, so go for it.

Maples Family!! said...

I think it is a great idea, i was thinking about doing it too, but with blankets and bead/watch bands. BUt i think you should do it, You make amazing cards!