Friday

Finding the Gardener in Me

This is most of my garden. The plastic in the front is my tomato plants. We have planted corn, carrots, onions, cucumbers, watermelons, pumpkins, tomatoes, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and....I can't remember what else. I think that's pretty much it. I am just beginning to get a little taste of how much work a garden can be, but I am hoping it will be worth all the work and it will be something to get me outside and working out! :)

The little landscaping part in front of our house that I have been having fun figuring out what to do with. The shrubs and trees and rock are what we left from the previous tenants. Everything else we just rototilled in and replanted. So far we have pink and purple petunias with lobelias mixed in. I got some pinkish-orange perenial flowers that I think I will plant in a row behind the purple petunias. After that, we want to find some more shrubs to fill in the middle.
The section by our bridge we are leaving pretty scarce because we would like to have a rosebush garden. Ben and Corinne gave us a yellow rosebush for Kaylie, so we decided to get one for Sam and for each child we have after. We have enough room for four or so and when we get more than that, we will have to move anyway, so it all works! :)

3 comments:

Corinne said...

Gardens are hard work, but are so worth it! Plus it's so fun to be out in the sunshine working, seeing plants growing from the seeds you planted, and then eating the vegetables you grew yourself! It's a pretty awesome feeling! Way to go on the flowers and rosebushes! What kind did you get for Sammy's rose? I sure love and miss you sis! :0)

Maples Family!! said...

Oh i am so jealous you have a garden, i only have 2 tomatoe plants. That will be so fun for sammy to watch everything grow!! he will learn so much!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! We are doing our first garden this year and I am excited to see if anything turns out..lol!! I love your idea with the rose bushes-