Sunday

Update from Utah

Sorry I have no pictures, but I wanted to quickly post and let everyone know that everything is going well here in Utah. We were life-flighted to Primary Children's because they found a large mass on Kaylie's liver. Cancer has now been ruled out and we are waiting to find out what type of infection she has so that they can treat it more effectively. Her bilirubin has dropped from near life-threatening to minimal, so now she is free of the three bili lights and she they are weaning her off of IV nutrition to breastmilk. They also know that she has some sort of genetic abnormality, but have no clue as to which one. Hopefully we will have more answers by the end of the week, but know that we are all doing well here and appreciate ALL the love and support that has been shown on our behalf. Thankyou everyone!!!

7 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

I will pray for you. We spent long agonizing days and nights in the NICU. I hope all goes well. Love ya!

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

I am glad she is doing better! You are in our prayers! Let me know if you need anything!

Justin, Kelli, Estin & Eli said...

Christine... Wow! I'm so sorry to hear the news. You're family will be in our prayers!

Team Skousen said...

We will pray for little Kaylie :)

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Oh, I didn't know--You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Hope Kaylie gets better each day!

Maples Family!! said...

OH it is good to hear that things are going better!! Where are you staying? I have a little gift for you if you are still in Utah i will drop it by! Let me know, your family is in our prayers!

Unknown said...

Emma does not let us forget to pray for "baby Kaylie." She is in our thoughts always. Love you.