Monday

Baby Kaylie is Coming

So this will be just a quick post to update everyone, but yesterday I started having regular contractions every 5 to 10 minutes apart. That wasn't all that extraordinary, except little Kaylie is still breech and we had an aversion (or whatever the heck it is they call it!) scheduled for Wednesday morning. But since the contractions kept up all day despite rest and rehydration, I thought I should call the Dr. and sure enough they told me to come in. I was having contracts every five minutes of mediocure intensity and dilated, but only to a 1. So we decided to attempt the aversion then and there. OH MY GOSH, never before have I felt such intense discomfort! Really! Anyways, to skip the details no one wants to hear anyways, it was unsuccessful. You don't know how disappointed I was to hear that a C-section is inevitable. Bummer. So, after monitoring me for a while, Kaylie was doing fine and I was calming down, so they sent me home in hopes that labor would stop or that they could delay the C-section a little longer because I am still a little over two weeks early. They gave me something to "help" me sleep, but I'm never trying those again. I couldn't get to sleep and then when Sammy woke up in the middle of the night, I couldn't "connect the dots" so to speak and am even now a little dizzy.
So now I am up bright and early (and yes, still having contractions) waiting until around 7 to give the good Dr. a call to verify that we should go back for the C-section because my water broke sometime during the night and I am having some bleeding as well. Man, if THAT doesn't necessitate a C-section, I will be quite irked. I am ready to just have this baby out and be done with the whole doctors thing, I have had way more than my fill lately! Sorry, I know I said a quick update, but oh well. We will try to get pictures posted soon for those of you who are far away! Wish us luck that nothing ELSE happens! :) (P.S. No, I really am excited to be having my baby and to know that soon I can hold that sweet spirit in my arms and have a little piece of heaven with me to make all of this worth it.)

8 comments:

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

You are in my thoughts! Let me know if you need anything! Good luck!

Adalynn said...

Yay! C-sections aren't that bad! Just make sure you have help in the next few weeks while you recover! You and baby will do great!

c a n d a c e said...

I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!!!! :) I am sure you are more anxious than auntie though ;)

Love ya sis!!
Candace xo xo

Julie Barnes said...

yeah!! Icant wait to see pictures!!

Steph said...

Praying all goes well and you have sweet baby girl in your arms very soon!

Love you!

Unknown said...

We will be praying for you and little Kaylie today.

Melissa said...

I agree with Adalynn. C-sections aren't that bad and yes make sure you have lots of help and don't do to much. That's something I regret doing. And also don't let the pain get out of control, keep on top of those wonderful pain killers. I always hated taking pills so I tried getting by with out too many of them but I soon regreted that because I was in so much pain and it came so fast i could not walk or move my husband had to basically carry me to bed. So yeah don't do that. And oh yeah ice packs are really nice to have. I used them day and night for like 2 weeks. Well I hope I didn't scare you but you will do great and good luck. I can't wait to see pictures

Team Skousen said...

GOOD LUCK!!!