Sunday

Family Visit

So I unfortunately did not get any pictures of our weekend, but I still wanted to share because it is actually something interesting and is not about the baby or Sammy (well, not entirely). My dad only works three days a week now, so they decided to come up for a visit even though he had to speak in church today. They arrived Thursday night and stayed until Saturday afternoon. Play group was canceled this week and my friend Bec and her family are in Australia, so Sammy has not played with anyone except boring old Mommy all week, so he was thrilled when my parents and two little brothers walked in the door. He was even more thrilled (if that is even possible) when they showed him the new toy they brought for him - a sorting barn toy.
We mainly just visited all evening, staying up late. Friday morning we went for a walk along the Idaho Falls river by the temple. It was kind of cold with the wind, but it was wonderful to get outside in the fresh air. Then we went out for pizza and came home and crashed. We spent Friday night playing the Farming Game with my parents and my little brothers played the Wii with Sammy happily watching.
To our amazement and delight, Robert was able to get Saturday off work, so we went to see the Titanic exhibit going on at the Museum of Idaho. It was cool to see the aritfacts and read about what happened and compare it to how the story was portrayed in the movie. Then, we went to go see the mommy and baby cows in the barn, which my brothers thought was so cool. After that, the guys went shooting and me and my mom got to have some "girl time" while Sammy took a nap. We got to chat, paint our toes, and get my next crosstitching project in the works. Then we met up with the guys at Big Judd's for a late lunch before my parents had to head home. It was so great to get to see my family again, we have really missed them after becoming accustomed to seeing them almost daily when we lived in Payson. Thanks for coming, Mom and Dad we really had a great time!

4 comments:

Aartje said...

Just wanted you to know that I follow your blog. I made a pretty little afghan for your little girl, and am anxious to see you all again.
Love ya,
Oma Smith

.candace. said...

Heya Sis, Sorry I couldn't make it with Mom and Dad. Sounds like you all had a blast! Sure miss you-

love Your Older Sis
Candace

Justin, Kelli, Estin & Eli said...

Hey Christine! I can't believe you're having your little girl in less than 22 days!! That's SO exciting!!! I would love to see you sometime. Give me a call! (208) 243-0071

Leslie said...

Hi, Honey! We had a wonderful time with you - thank you for all you did to make us feel welcome and loved. It was great to see where you live, the sewing and craft projects you have done, and how much that adorable Sammy has grown! I smile whenever I think about him running around the house, hugging his doggy and shrieking! I love you so much, and I'm glad that I will get to see you again soon, because it was really hard to say goodbye. Thank you for the delicious pork roast and mashed potatoes, and please tell Robert that we loved those breakfast burritos! Hope you are feeling well and taking care of yourself. I love you dearly!!! Love, Mom xo xo xo xo