Sunday

Baby Shower

So my friend Ashlee is having a baby boy two weeks before me and I am planning a baby shower for her, my first ever, and it has been so much fun! Yesterday I hauled Sammy with me to all my favorite craft stores and we started getting things together for the party next weekend.
First is the diaper cake. I feel like it turned out pretty well, it being my first attempt. The ribbon in the middle I found while shopping and I loved it so much that I decided to base all the invites, favors and decorations around this ribbon.
Gotta love duckies!! I couldn't really think of anything boyish that would work as a topper, but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know!
These are the favors I decided to go with. I wasn't going to do anything, but found these cute boxes at the dollar store and decided it would be fun to! Each is filled with spring colored M&M's and the whopper easter eggs along with a little "thank you" card in the colors coordinating with my ribbon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your cake looks cute. The ribbon is adorable. I bet your shower will rock! HEY, you only have a month left!!

Melissa said...

Your diaper cake is cute. I had a brown teddy bear at the top a mine but I like the rubber ducky to. I love the favors to. So cute and sounds like fun.

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

You can put any little toy on top. I also like to put little things like binkies, baby clippers, toys, shampoo,ect. on the cake around it on all the layers. My 'iceing' on the cake! But it looks cute!!!