Thursday

Great News

So we will NOT be having our baby this weekend. Turns out, the doctor wanted to do the aversion (sorry, I misheard him) tomorrow, monitor me for four hours, then send me home until I go into labor. When I heard that, I said "Seeya lata!" For those of you who may be unaware, my little brother Daniel was transverse (sideways), so they did this procedure with my mom and he almost died because the placenta tore away, but he was on top of it, so they couldn't see it with the ultrasound. Thankfully they had induced labor with her and everyone was right there to do an emergency C-section. But even then he was close to dying, can you imagine if that were to happen when I got home?!
I am also at higher risk for the placenta tearing because it isn't attached to my uterus very well (or at least that is why they think my mid-pregnancy hormone levels were high). With knowing all of this, it just didn't seem to be the right thing to do. So, we will wait it out a few more weeks and are considering doing the aversion when I am about two weeks away from my due date and then inducing labor following the aversion. They just like to do the aversion this early because the baby is smaller and easier to turn. But, in my mind it is an unnecessary risk and she may end up turning on her own in that time anyways, or, if we did do it she could also turn back breech again. If she is still breech at that time, we will try the aversion then and if THAT doesn't work, then we will see what our options are (which probably means a C-section, oh how fun! But we won't think that far for now)
And to my amazement, when I got out to the car following my appointment, I felt such immense relief at knowing I still have a little longer. I thought I would be disappointed because that is the way my feelings have been over the last week, but truly I am ok with waiting and making sure that little Kaylee is ready. So thank you all again for your love and support and we will continue to keep you updated!

3 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

I have heard that trying to turn a baby is painful. I will pray for you. You still have time, but not much time... :) have fun!

Unknown said...

Sounds good, you've still got time.

Corinne said...

I'm so glad that you get to have a little more time for things to hopefully work out better! We're pulling for you out here in Washington!