Tuesday

Sucker Fishing

 So on Sunday, Daddy thought that in addition to our hunting for buried treasure (geocaching), he wanted to take us to see the river he had gone fishing at the day before and to show Sam how to catch "sucker fish". Sucker fish are the little itty bitty fish that you catch to use as bait for the big river fish (which he did catch 2 of on his trip and we ate for dinner last night). Sam thought they were really cool and wanted to take them home with us and put them in the fish tank (we had fish at our old house, but when we moved we got rid of them and the tank has been sitting empty in our garage ever since) So we did. But sadly, all the fish were dead by the next morning.
 The gorgeous view of the river and it's surrounding vegetation. We also went looking for buried treasure near here, but it turned out the cache was across the river, so we weren't able to find this one. Thankfully Daddy was wise and had two caches to go find and we were successful at finding the second one near Beaver Dick park.
 Once we got to the place where we were to trap the fish, I decided I wanted to try and do a little photo shoot with Sam. He isn't the best model, but he sure is cute! And the green shirt with the green vegetation wasn't too great, either I realize but I wanted to give it a go and got a few shots in before my camera died. Thus no other pictures of our adventure, sorry!


 I think I like this one the best. It is closest to his genuine smile. We'll have to give it another go another time when I can think about it more in advance. Photography is (I know, yet ANOTHER) a hobby I would like to cultivate eventually. (And yes, expert photographers, I DO realize that I can't take superb pictures with a snap-and-shoot in auto mode, but eventually I will get there - finding different angles and backdrops is just my first teeny, tiny step in that direction)
P.S. Thanks Candace for reminding me, I forgot to mention how we caught those sucker fish! You have a sort of trap that they swim into, but then can't figure out how to get back out of. And what do we use to lure them in? Dog food of course! (Whaaa?)

2 comments:

c a n d a c e said...

First of all, adorable pictures! Second - how did you catch the fish?? Third - Please Please Please become an amazing photographer so we can sync up to be the very best WEDDING PACKAGE team ever!! :) You do cakes/photography, I do flowers, Corinne plans the event, and April calms down and talks with the bride. :)

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

The last two are fun! You learn as you go in regards to photography. And it is more the eye and talent of the photographer than the camera. Even the best camera can't take good pictures without a good eye using it!