Tuesday

A Little Something from Me

 Yesterday was national german chocolate cake day and Robert has asked me a few times when I am going to make HIM a cake (and asking for this cake in particular), so I whipped together this homemade cake and frosting as a suprise. Robert said I nailed it. I'm guessing that's a good thing. I know I thought it was good. Thankfully, I had someone who needed a "thank you", so we shared half our cake so it isn't sitting around tempting me today.
And I finally got outside to take a picture of my flowers. Yes, I now see that the camera didn't open all the way, but it was bright outside, so I didn't notice it until I uploaded the picture and I am too lazy to go back out and take another picture and upload it all over again. Our flower seeds Sam and I planted a while back have finally started to come up, so I weeded really well, spread out some weed preventer stuff and laid down some red mulch. Best investment ever!! I love the way it looks with the yellow and blue flowers - just makes it pop! And for only $10 to do the whole flowerbed, you better believe this is going to be an ongoing thing from now on! So that is what I have been up to lately. This week we start soccer, Sam playing and me being the assistant coach. Should be fun. Or crazy. Or both! :)

No comments: