Friday

Back on the Bandwagon

 Ever since I've started babysitting, I've kinda been off the crafting bandwagon. But this week I decided to get back on, so here is what I have been up to. First, I have a friend who is having a baby boy (and I have others, too) and so I decided I needed to find a new baby boy gift to make. Robert's mom bought some onesies for Sam when he was little that had little ties on them to wear to church and I loved those things! So when I saw the idea on Pinterest to make my own, I knew I had to try it! They turned out ok, but I wasn't super thrilled with them, either. It's going to take a little tweaking, but once I figure it all out, I think these will make a nice baby gift, especially for those babies born in the summertime when it is hot and you don't want to layer them up in the vest outfits for church (although they ARE super adorable!)
 My next project was some decor for my craft room. I bought this artist canvas for 50% off quite a while ago because I had seen my friend do this flower idea and I wanted to try it out, too. You cut up toilet paper rolls (the inside roll) into pieces and spray paint them and then you can make all sorts of pretty flower and vine designs. I think the top one turned out fairly nice.
 This bottom one I made with the leftover pieces for the wall by Amy's crib. Kinda pretty, but I may re-do it later with a better design. But for now I like it!
 And just a couple pictures of the kiddos for you to enjoy. Sam is insistent on doing silly pictures and Amy has been really clingy lately, but I am determined to not hold her because she really needs to learn how to walk! We have been on the brink for a while now and just the other day she was brave enough to take one step before sitting down. Once she decides she wants to, she will be walking really quick. Right now, though, she will only stand for little spurts until she realizes she is standing, then she will promptly sit down or grab on to something.

1 comment:

Tenika Dennis said...

You are so crafty, I always love seeing what new things you have done! I'm glad you got a chance to get back into your crafts!