Saturday

Birthdays

 Today was the day of birthdays. First was a boy in my ward who I've babysat before and I am friends with is mom, so I offered to do a cake for him. Knowing how much he likes Calvin and Hobbes, I mentioned that I might be able to do that. After doing a little research, I knew it was beyond my abilities to draw something like that, so I decided to try something I have wanted to do for a while now and see how it turned out. At any Albertsons bakery, you can take a picture or image and they will print it in edible ink on a sugarsheet for $6. First the whole process of getting this picture on a portable device to take the store was a nightmare! And to save my sanity in the future, I spent a whole $8 on a new jump drive. Then, I wasn't able to manipulate the image at all to make it fit on the cake like I had wanted, so I think next time I will consider another method like colorflow. (Which if you want to see, I will ask my friend Julie to share her pictures of the birthday cake she did for her son (the other birthday today, see below) of the avengers)
 Then this afternoon we went over to celebrate Sam's best friend, Josh's, birthday at their house with their nice swing set and grass. The kids had a blast with a new sprinkler toy and foam rockets the birthday boy was happy to share.
 Amy LOVES the baby swing - especially when it is windy!
 Sweet little Johnny swingin' with Mommy
Blast off! Happy birthday to our wonderful friend, Joshy!

No comments: