Friday

Doing Just Fine

Well, here we are again catching everyone up on the goings-on of the Skousen clan. At times it feels difficult, but I know that is part of life and we just keep rolling with the punches. This week has been fun with Sam doing swimming lessons each morning and then hitting the free lunch in the park on the way home and all of us crashing for a nap when we get home. These two pictures from one morning when both kids had joined me in bed show how silly and cute Sam can be and how serious Amy usually is.

We were able to get the Potter clan together on Tueday night to go see Cars 2 at the drive-in - loved it! And last night Robert and I enjoyed a dinner with two other couples in our ward while Sam stayed home with a babysitter. Our ward is trying to help people get to know each other by putting four couples in a group and each couple gets a chance to host dinner at their home and after four months they change up the groups. It went alright for the first time around. I am excited to get to know other people in our ward and have a monthly date to spend time with my hubby and other adults.

My friend and I have started a running program called Couch Potato to 5K and it has been going pretty well. I have NEVER been a runner but decided to give it a try anyway. I don't particularly like running still, but it feels great to get outside and exercise with a friend and amazingly I hae been able to keep up with the program, but we will have to see if it lasts. The picture above is how I found Amy one day after I let her sit on the couch for a minute - she fell asleep sitting up. I love the cute little finger creeping over the edge of the blanket :) Robert's boss at work left, so he is facing a promotion which is a good and a bad thing. Good in that we are looking at a significant raise, but bad because he anticipates it to be quite difficult through the end of the year and it is already proving to be true! But once he is able to get good people in the important positions he feels that things will be better than ever and he is excited to help facilitate these changes in the company.

2 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

Yeah, for doing just fine! Your babies are SO CUTE!! AND congrat's to Robert for getting a promotion!

Tenika Dennis said...

I love all the pictures of you kids! What an exciting opportunity for Robert. Congrats and good luck!