Monday

Other Stuff

In other news, Robert's family came up the weekend of the fourth for the Smith reunion/picnic and for Amy's blessing. I know, I am lame that I don't have any pictures of my baby's blessing, but I will get copies from those who do and post them later. It was great to have so much family there for Amy's blessing. She wore the dress Robert's mom made for her daughters from the fabric left over from her wedding dress. It was beautiful and just barely fit, thank goodness! She wore sweet little fabric shoes Robert's aunt Janice made for Lisa's baby girl Holly and a ribbon rose headband made for her by Aunt Lisa.

Lisa also made the hairbow board in the top picture using the same fabric from Amy's crib sheet set and a few extra ribbon rose headbands to match up-and-coming outfits - I'm soo excited! Now I just need to get Robert to hang the board up for me and we are quite set. So now we get to have a slight breather before we fly down to Arizona for Jake's wedding in the San Diego Temple. The kids and Robert have their outfits for the wedding, so that just leaves me to find something between now and then. Jake and Stacey are also thinking about doing a fake cake and serving the strawberry filled cream cheese icing cupcakes that seem to have become my trademark item, so I may be in for some monstrous baking and decorating since they are planning for 500 people!!! We shall see. I am also starting to plot the cakes for my older sister's birthday (right before we leave) and another niece's birthday as well at the end of August. It's going to be an awesome, busy month!

3 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

Wow, you WILL be busy! Good luck with everything...I hope you'll take time to breath and just enjoy it between all the baking, decorating, traveling, etc.

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Can't wait to see the cakes you make!!! Have a fun busy month!

Lisa Lines said...

Glad you put some hooks on the bottom of the bow board. I ran out of time. You have been such a good blogger. I love all the posts.