Wednesday

Amy's Stories

Amy's first story happened last week. I had decided to take Sam to the free lunch at the park in Rigby to see how it was compared to Rexburg's. As I was slowing down and moving over to make a right turn, a guy was trimming his lawn. A few rocks hit the car and just as I was about to turn, BAM!! The window next to Amy shattered into a million pieces. I slammed the car into park before we were really even stopped (poor car) and ran around to her side and just started yelling and shaking and anything else you can imagine a panicked mother would do if her 2 month old baby was covered in glass. Thankfully the guy was really nice about the whole thing. He calmly pulled Amy out and gave her to me to check over and hold while he cleaned up all the glass from the car and carseat. His renter's insurance covered the damage and his agent was able to find us a glass place that could fix the window first thing the next morning. It was really scary at the moment, but now I realize it really wasn't that bad. I'm glad she was ok and that the people had insurance that would pay for the damage because it really was an accident and the guy felt horrible. One we definitely won't forget!

Amy's other story for today happened today when we were eating lunch at the park. Smiles have become more abundant lately, although she seems to light up most when Daddy is holding her. While Sam was eating, I was trying to get some smiles since she was awake and Sam hopped over to my lap and started mimicking what I was doing (he does this all the time, saying what I am saying to her in the same tone of voice -too cute!) and suddenly Amy looks right at him and not only smiles, but starts to laugh! Seriously! Kind of a giggle/chuckle - it was so adorable!!! Of course neither Sam nor I could get her to really do it again like she had the first time, but it was priceless to see her light up and respond so much to her big brother. These pictures are from her napping today and are only a sampling of the random positions I find her in while sleeping. Amy is such a blessing to our family, I can't imagine life without her!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I can't wait to see her and hold her. Don't let her get any bigger until she sees aunt Kayla!