Friday

Death by Chocolate

So today I entered the county fair's Death by Chocolate contest. I chose to make my Almost Too Much Chocolate cake with a few new twists and see how it went. When I dropped the cake off I wasn't too optimistic about a real contest because there was only one other entry in the entire adult division (there were three categories and then the adult and jr divisions). But when I came back for the awards part there were quite a few entries and I began to doubt because the others looked pretty darn good. To my delight (and as no surprise to Robert) I won first prize in the adult division and overall winner!! That earned me a total of $60 (it didn't cost anything to enter). Now I just need to decide how I am going to spend the money - probably on more cake decorating stuff :)

And an updated picture of my super happy little girl. She is three months old today!! She smiles more than ever now and laughs occasionally. Last night she slept for 10 hours - it was amazing! She fell asleep around 9 and I woke her up to feed her at 10 so I could go to bed, but she went right back to sleep until 8 this morning. I just hope this sleeping through the night is going to become habit because I love getting to sleep again! This week has been nice and busy with family dinner on Sunday, girl time for pedicures, dinner and frozen yogurt on Monday, swimming lessons everyday (which are now done thank goodness), helping the Potters pack up and get ready to move, the cake contest, and getting ready to fly to Arizona on Monday for Jake and Stacey's wedding in San Diego. Whew! So we will be MIA for a while, but loads of pictures of the special day, the 300 cupcakes I'm making, and Sea World will be coming soon thereafter!

5 comments:

Brush Family said...

mmmm - that cake sounds (and looks!) amazing! I would love your recipe :)

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I'm wondering if you share recipes or not since you are winning 60.00 for your tweaks they might be top secret. I promise not to enter the same fair as you ever...

Aunt Kelly
nttagg@gmail.com....

Julie Barnes said...

Congratulations!! How awesome to win money!! Can't wait to see pictures from San Deigo! Have fun.

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

That cake looks great! You need to share the recipe! And I am not at all surprised you won! Look forward to more pictures, have a fun trip!

Tenika Dennis said...

Good job on the cake! That is so exciting! And I love the smiling picture of Amy. Too cute.