Thursday

Pictures of the Week

I know, all our pictures of Amy are of her sleeping. But she is such a beautiful sleeper and once she gets up my hands are so full with two kids that I don't usually think to bring out the camera.

This is Amy's preferred sleeping position - arms raised above her head

Daddy has been working many, many hours with grain harvest and it has been taking its toll on all of us. Lately Amy has refused to be put down anywhere. Even if I am sitting right next to her on the floor she isn't happy. So when she was crying yet again about being left out during breakfast I decided to try putting her in the highchair which was still out because I had watched my friend's kids the other night.

What a great idea! She LOVES being able to sit up with us during meals and I have both hands free to eat and help Sam with his food. As you can see in this picture, we take extra precautions and stuff towels on either side of her to help her stay sitting up, but at least she can do it and she is happy.

Sam wanted his picture taken, too with his "Sammy cup" Grandma got for him when we went to Bear World during one of her visits. (He STILL asks to go on the train every time we pass Bear World)

Sleeping on our bed. Amy loves to sleep on our bed and though she sleeps better and longer when here, I am trying my best to resist the urge so that she will learn to sleep in her crib.

Don't ask me how this is comfortable, but he's asleep so it can't be too awkward :)

Amy fell asleep while having some floor time today. She was actually kind of happy (which is a huge relief) because she was able to turn from flat on her back to her side. Not too long before she will be able to turn completely over! My little baby is getting so big!

2 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

Such adorable kids!

Unknown said...

There she is, up and awake and smiling! What a cutie!