Monday

Update on Us

So we want everyone to know we are still here and we are doing ok. We've done a few things, so I'll catch you all up on the stuff going on around here. First off, my garden is doing specatcular! We have corn coming up and all six of our pumpkin plants have sprouted. And I am excited to share that I may be getting a raspberry patch as well! A lady in our ward doesn't want her thornless raspberries anymore, so I had Robert on the rototiller again creating a space for some yummy raspberries. This picture is of the rosebush I recieved for Mother's Day and the beautiful blossom that is beginning to open up, so pretty!
On Saturday Robert understood that I was really struggling, so he came home early and we got some great things done; first, we got the car in to Sam's Club to get our flat tire fixed, and we also did a much-needed major shopping trip. Then, we got some rods at Home Depot to put up these curtains on the back doors. We had the curtains from our previous home and it has really bothered me that we didn't have anything to cover the back doors because there is a barn at the end of the field behind our house and you can really see well at night. Besides that, the morning sun comes in the windows and really warms up the house which is nice for winter, but not for summer. So we put up the curtains and even though it seems really dark right now, we will get used to it and I think we will be able to keep the house much cooler this summer! *Don't you just love the little stand I found for my flowers? I found the best kind of garage sale - a free one! So this little stand cost me nothing!! It works great here, but eventually I can see it in my front entryway with a friendly little pot of flowers welcoming guests to our home!*
Also this weekend after the trip to Idaho Falls, we went out after dinner to fish near Robert's work. There is a dirt road that goes down below the dam where the Ririe Reservoir is and there is a nice little shallow pond where Robert can catch fun little (less than six inches long) fish with Sam. They have gone a few times, but this time I tagged along and it was so much fun to watch Robert let Sam do the reeling and to see the excitement on Sam's face when he felt a fish tugging on the end of the line. After about ten minutes, Sam became more interested in splashing sticks in the water and Robert kept on fising, catching a total of five fish in about 45 minutes. It was a nice end to a much-needed family day.
Now this week we are back the grind and enjoying the summer weather. Wednesday Robert is off for the guys fishing trip to Flaming Gorge with my dad and the other brothers-in-law. Remember, the trip where he caught the 35 pounder? Needless to say, he is extremely excited to go again and with his nice long fillet knife he got for Christmas!

5 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

I love the picture at the top with Robert and Sammy in the hammack. Looks so relaxing. I am glad you had a family day... that is always a good thing. Also, a 35 pound fish?? WOW!

Team Skousen said...

I agree with Julie! The new pic is so cute and summer-y :)

Attitude of Gratitude said...

I hate those hard days--I've sorta attached myself to Blaine's hip lately.
You are amazing.
Prayers coming your way.
Love ya.

Ashlee said...

So glad to hear that your garden is doing well. It is always exciting to see things flourish. Glad you got to have a little family time this weekend. We're thinking of you.

Ben & Carli said...

Christine, I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I am glad to hear that you are making it through. We stopped by the other day but you weren't home, we will definitely have to get together soon.