Tuesday

A Little Friend

So yesterday Robert did not have to go to work AT ALL. For those of you who know us well, this is a very rare occurence, so we spent the day working outside some more. At the end of the day Robert said next time he has a day off, he's not staying home because he works harder than he does at work! To my defense, I was perfectly willing to leave the yardwork for another day, but he wanted to work on cleaning things up outside. But we did end the day right with a delicious grilled dinner with some friends and enjoying being able to hang out again.
We got so much done again, I am amazed! Just those little things that DO bother you, but you never seem to have the time or energy to really get to them? Yep, checked a whole bunch of those off our list! As I was spraying the weeds that are ever so abundant at our place, I came across a really pretty greenish blue egg. Turns out it was a robin's egg and the baby was still inside. The egg was so warm! I had no idea where to look for the nest because I had found it on the road side of the ditch, nowhere close to a tree. But Robert had noticed a bird's nest in one of our decorative trees in front of the house and he could barely see in that there were two eggs inside that looked just like our little friend, so we put it in the nest and hopefully everything will be ok with the little birdies. The top picture is just to show you the nest and then the second one, I just held the camera looking down on the nest so I could see what was inside and took quite a good picture, I think! If only that darn leaf hadn't gotten in the way! Oh well. Hope you all enjoyed your Memorial Day, we certainly made the most of ours!