Thursday

I know we haven't officially announced on our blog that we were expecting, but most people knew from one source or another. We were waiting for the midway ultrasound so we could tell everyone the gender, but circumstances have changed. On Monday we found out I miscarried, probably about a week previous. Monday night I had a D&C (if you don't know what that is, just know it is a surgical procedure that just makes the entire experience that much harder to deal with) and I have been recovering well, physically. It is hard to know what to say. We thought the Lord had agreed with us that now was the right time to begin trying again, but now I am not so sure. The reasonable part of me says that these things just happen and we should go at it again and not be deterred. Yet the heartbroken mother inside feels so lost and devastated. So please keep us in your prayers as we struggle with this new challenge. We want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and meals and flowers that have been sent - they are such a joy to look at and are a reminder of how many people love and are thinking of us.

But even through all the pain, I find myself being able to smile and even laugh at times thanks to my little man, who is so adorable despite the terrible two's!

12 comments:

Erin said...

Christine, I'm so sorry. I'm heartbroke for you. You'll be in my prayers for sure. How far along were you?

Christine said...

I was 16 weeks when we found out, but the doctor said it looked like the baby had died about a week before.

Stacy Smith said...

So sorry Christine.

Steph said...

I'm so sorry. I'm glad you have your darling little boy to distract you! I'll keep you in my thoughts/prayers.

Unknown said...

Oh Christine! My heart and prayers are with you!

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

I am so sorry! I so know how that feels. It is a hard thing to go through, but the Lord does know what he is doing even if we don't know why. Don't give up hope. You are going to have a large wonderful family, here on earth & in heaven. You are in my prayers!

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Oh Christine. Dear Christine. We lost our son yesterday morning. He was stillborn at 28 weeks and I feel like I know what you are feeling a little bit right now. Who knew when we had dinner together that night in Rexburg what lay in wait for our families down the road.
It is so hard to get my heart to match my head. I know where our children are-I know that they have won, but my body screams loss.
I wondered today, do we have to go through hell to appreciate heaven. I don't know--but at times that is what it feels like. Call me, email, anything. I'm here
fur02001@yahoo.com
509 727-0668
Your in our prayers and thoughts. We love you.

Unknown said...

Loves and loves to you and the boys!

Leslie said...

My heart aches with yours, my dear daughter. Know that I love you more than words can say.

Team Skousen said...

So sorry dear. Hope that cute little Sammy can keep a smile on your face during this time. *Hugs*

Steph said...

We love you guys and will continue to pray for comfort and peace for you and your sweet family. ((((HUGS))))

Melanie Hensley said...

I'm so sorry! you will be in my prayers. Love you and miss you.