Tuesday

Happy Birthday Kaylie!

One year ago today, I woke up in a groggy haze from the sleeping pill the hospital gave me the night before to "get a good night's rest" even though I was in labor. We took Sam to Robert's aunt and uncle in Idaho Falls and headed back to Rexburg to have our first baby girl.
Upon arrival, it was determined that yes, I was in labor and I could probably have the C-section now. But they wanted to know if I could wait until noon (this was at 8 or 9) to have it because they had already done two since midnight and were a little tired. EXCUSE ME?! You just sent me home IN LABOR to get a GOOD NIGHT'S REST even though you KNEW I needed to have a C-section and now you are ASKING ME TO WAIT?!! I don't think so! (I was in hard labor with no epidural or anything and dilated to a 7 by the time they got me in to have my spinal - can we say cruel and unusual punishment?)
So at 11:15 am Kaylie Renee Skousen was born. Things went well for the first little while. Her head is a little lopsided not from the normal squeezing, but because she was breech, her head was smushed up against my ribs, poor little thing! And, she had one leg up by her head, so when they laid her down on the table, it would automatically lift up to go back to its "normal" position. Kinda cute, actually :) Look at all of that dark, beautiful, curly hair! So fun to play with! Happy birthday, Angel!

10 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

Happy Birthday little Kaylie. She really does have some beautiful dark curly hair.

Julie said...

What a cutie. Thinking about you today. If you need anything, let me know. I will be happy to help.

Katie said...

She had amazing hair didn't she? Thanks for sharing. Know that we are thinking of you today.

Stacy Smith said...

Happy Birthday Kaylie! She is a beautiful baby. What a blessing to know that she is waiting for her parents on the other side. I hope while you celebrate her memory today you find peace in knowing that she is eternally sealed to you and Bob and will always be a part of your family.

Maples Family!! said...

Happy Birthday Kaylie! My thoughts are with you and your family. What a great blessing it is to know you are sealed to her and she is watching over you.

c a n d a c e said...

Oh my goodness I love the colors in these pictures - and her cute bows. She always had fun bows in her gorgeous dark locks.
She brought joy to everyone and my heart is warmed with the story of her birth. Happy Birthday, Kaylie bug!

Team Skousen said...

Aww happy birthday little bean! She is beautiful. Your labor story made me laugh, I hope you don't have any cruel and unusual labor punishments in the future :)

Leslie said...

What wonderful pictures of precious, beautiful Kaylie! I loved hearing the story of her birth. She brought such joy and sweetness to all of us around her. You all are in my heart and prayers. Love you!

Ashlee said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. We are glad you could come visit a few weeks ago and hope we can see you sometime again soon. I know you miss her so much, and there's nothing I can say to make it hurt less, but we love you. Your strength has touched many people and will continue to help others facing similar situations. We love you!

Melanie Hensley said...

Happy Birthday Kaylie. We love you and miss you. Wish you the best and can't wait to see you again.