Monday

Hooray for Change!

Among the things that have been changing around the Skousen household is my figure. I have been frustrated with it for quite a while, so I decided to do something about it. My friend told me about Weight Watchers and at first I was wary because I didn't want to do a diet plan where I would get to eat nothing and have to buy special food that tasted like crap and be unhappy all the time. Once she explained it, though, it sounded like the plan for me. The way it works is depending on your height and weight and activity level, you are given a certain amount of points each day, plus an extra 35 for the entire week for you to use as you wish. I love this part about the plan because it allows you to "splurge" if you want, or if you just want to eat a little more each day, you can. They also help you to make healthier choices by telling which foods are "Filling Foods", or foods that will leave you filling full for longer, such as fruit and veggies. I really liked it because you can eat whatever you want, but you have to be held accountable for it as well. So I decided to give it a try and in five or six weeks I have lost 11 pounds!! It really has been a good change for me, helping me to make better eating choices and make myself more aware of what and how much I am eating.

7 comments:

c a n d a c e said...

Hey congrats sis!! I'm so proud of you!! :)

Team Skousen said...

That is so awesome! You basically answered my Doctor Blair post today, haha! I did weight watchers and lost weight pretty easily, then I went on vacation and totally gave up. You are so awesome for sticking to it! I have been thinking about joining again...oh motivation!

Julie Barnes said...

WAHOO!! Keep up the good work!!

Katie said...

Keep up the work, it really shows!
Hey, speaking of food. Neighborhood BBQ on Sat. 4:00. Potluck, bring your chairs, and be ready to get wet.

Bec Davis said...

Way to go Christine.

Steph said...

That's great!!! Congrats!!

Unknown said...

Way to go, girly!