Sunday

A Bad Day Turned Good

So yesterday started out really terrible. I didn't really know why, but I was just sad all day. I just thought it was because Robert was gone and I was missing him. He surprised me by coming home early from his fishing trip and when he saw how sad I was, he said "Chica, go put on a nice shirt and I'm going to take you out on the town." Of course, what do we end up doing? Going to Sam's Club, but wait, the story gets better. Turns out Greg Olsen is there selling and signing his artwork!! I love Greg Olsen and Robert said to pick out whatever picture I wanted. So the above picture is the one we selected and we had him sign it to Kaylie.
Of course I started crying when he asked who we'd like it for and it was when we were telling him about Kaylie that I realized why I had been so sad - it was the two month anniversary of Kaylie's passing. Not that I didn't miss Robert, but I was also subconciously aware of the date as well. The above picture is of the sweet message he wrote to us on the back of the picture. He is such an amazing guy, let me tell you! And, when he wasn't talking to people, he was working on a painting right there in Sam's Club!
This is the picture in the beautiful frame we were able to get for it, thanks to Aunt Steph and Uncle Reeve! We both liked this picture the best for Kaylie because this reminds us of where she is right now - in the loving arms of our Savior.
And of course our shopping trip wouldn't be complete without Robert buying me two dozen GORGEOUS roses! :) He is so good to me!! So what started out as being a really sad, depressing day, ended with love and happy thoughts of our little angel in heaven.
(And just to clarify, I love shopping at Sam's Club and getting their polish dogs and pretzels afterwards, so it really was to cheer me up. We also got tons of frozen stuff to put in my new chest freezer, which was so much fun!)

6 comments:

Stacy Smith said...

I want you to know that Rachel always remembers you in her prayers. She always blesses baby Kaylee that she will live again and blesses Bob and Christine that they will be happy. I don't think she has missed a day praying for you since Kaylee was born and we added her to our prayers. So next time you have a sad day, remember that Rachel is praying for you.

Unknown said...

The picture is beautiful. And you are still in our family prayers too. I hope that the twentieth won't sting so much soon. Love you.

Julie Barnes said...

What a beautiful picture! Time really does slip by quickly.

Melanie Hensley said...

Hang in there. It is great to hear that you have Robert to help cheer you up. I am glad I had Josh too. Just remember it is ok to cry and let yourself take as much time as you need to heal. It took me about a year and a half to start feeling better about Evie. Remember tear soup. Don't rush things and remember to do something for yourself every day. What a great picture. We had the same one on Evie's funeral Programs. I love that one. Love you. Please feel free to call or email any time. I am a great listener and I would love to help in any way. Love you.

Carianne said...

Christine, I read your posts and am cosnistently impressed with your positive outlook. I know you have beent hrough tough thing's, but what an inpsiration you are too many with your great faith. Thanks! PS. The picture is beautiful!

Steph said...

Your hubby was definitely inspired to take you out - I can't believe you met Greg Olsen! That picture is perfect, and I'm so happy you were able to get the frame you wanted.

Love you all so much!! You're in our prayers...

Aunt Steph