Friday

The Craftiness Returns!

I am proud to announce that my craftiness has returned once again! I took the difficult step of getting my sewing machine out and using it again, although not for the project above. For those of you who don't understand why this is so, it is because just about everything I did with my sewing machine since getting it for Christmas was to make things for Kaylie, so it has been really difficult to go back to using it. The lamp shade project was one shown on Make It & Love It a while ago and I thought I would give it a try since I have TONS of ribbon just sitting around and I think it turned out quite cute! And yes, this is for MY lamp shade, not Robert's! (I think he would kill me if I dared to even try to cutesy up his!)
The first order of business for me and my sewing machine to attend to were FIVE pairs of Robert's pants that needed mending (I know, I'm a horrible wife!), but after the work came the play. These are two grocery bag stuffers I made for my sisters, who had requested them eons ago, so I figured I might as well start there. These are made out of the fabric left over from the sheets I made for Kaylie and I happened to have great ribbon that went with each one. Anyways, just to show everyone what I've been up to lately - the craziness with craftiness returns! :)

3 comments:

April and John and Baby Thomas said...

Hey, is one of those mine? Awesome! :) Thanks sis.

Christine said...

Shhh, it's a surprise! JK!

c a n d a c e said...

I hope one of em is for ME for my bday! yes?? No?? maybe so??

There are 2 and you have 4 sisters but 1 doesn't need one...so...

hmmm I say I win one. :)