Thursday

Flowers

These are the beautiful silk arrangements my fantastic older sister Candace helped make. The two she's holding are for Kaylie's grave. The light blue vase that says "Hope" goes by the front door and the other vase is the leftover Gerber daisies that I will have in my room.
A more detailed picture of the flowers for Kaylie. We ordered a vase with her headstone, so we will alternate these two arrangements so she will always have beautiful flowers to honor her.

This is my little table next to the front door. The picture is of Kaylie holding Daddy's finger - my favorite picture the "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" photographer.

And this is the other set of flowers on my "nightstand" (really just a box covered with the awesome quilt my older sister Corinne made for me). The plaque I got from Robert for Christmas reads "twinkle, twinkle little star, do you know how loved you are?" He knew he had to get it for me when he saw it because when we were engaged, he used to call me "estrellita", which means "little star" in Spanish. The willow tree box is one that my older sister, Candace gave me for Christmas one year and the picture on the right is my best friends and me from nursing school graduation.

3 comments:

c a n d a c e said...

Awww such an awesome post sis! miss you all already! :)

Leslie said...

Christine ~ The flower arrangements are beautiful - they will look so nice by Kaylie's headstone. I like the displays you have set up - you are very artistic and creative. I am really looking forward to seeing you and Sammy next week. I can't believe how much he is growing up!! Love you lots, my dear! xo xo xo

Unknown said...

You little remembrances are beautiful.