Wednesday

More Blockades

So the transfer is good to go, but our little Kaylie isn't just yet. They did a swallow study today which revealed that her decreased muscle tone is allowing her to aspirate a small amount of milk when she eats (this means it goes down into her lungs - not a good thing). So, she is on total tube feedings until she gets stronger unless she is fully awake and even then I am only allowed to feed her 10 to 15 ml (about half an ounce) of thickened breastmilk. And, she lost weight again last night, so they are uping her calories again to see if we can get her to gain weight and become more alert. So until they can clear her of all specialty care she needs here, we won't be going home to Idaho. As to how soon they decide that, your guess is as good as theirs, just we just keep waiting and hoping and standing by our little girl - what else can we do?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lot of patients will be needed. Good luck, Christine. We love you.

Julie Barnes said...

You are amazing. I hope she gets to head up to Idaho soon.

Steph said...

Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way. I hope things improve soon and Kaylie can be transferred. Please call if you want to talk.

Lots of love,

Aunt Steph

Corinne said...

Hang in there, sis! You can do it! You are an amazing and wonderful mother - I'm sure Kaylie will always be so grateful for you and your strength! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow that would be SO hard, you are so amazing!! She will be in our prayers.

April and John and Baby Thomas said...

Love you guys! We'll continue our prayers, hopefully little Kaylie will start getting bigger and stronger! Love and miss you!

April

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

We are ll here for you! Let us know if you need anything! You are in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for this difficult trial. You are so strong and capable - little Kaylie is so blessed to have you for her mommy. Know that I love you so much, and I am always here if you need to talk or have a good cry. Love & hugs, Mom

Brianna Tuckett said...

Hey, this is an old friend of Robert's and I stumbled upon your blog. Your children are beautiful! I am sorry to hear about your daughter and I will keep her in my prayers. My husband and I used to live in Rigby and had some Fosters in our ward that have a farm. Good luck with everything and may the Lord bring you comfort! :)