Saturday

YW Bag

 I know, ANOTHER post from me. I've been a little post crazy lately. Oh well. I really wanted to share this with you because I am quite proud of myself. Ever since being called in to the YW, I have struggled to carry everything we need for church in our one bag. So I decided I would solve this problem by making myself a super cute bag just for YW stuff. I found the fabrics fairly easy and they have been sitting down in my craft room for over a month now waiting to be used.
Today being Saturday I had quite alot of time to fill with Daddy working, no swimming lessons, no errands to run and no one to do a playdate with since most people consider it a family day. This morning me and the kids super cleaned the house, which was good because it hasn't been really cleaned since before Girl's Camp. Then, while the kidlets took nice long naps (thanks to both not sleeping well last night) I decided to get to work on my bag. I got my inspiration from a Make-It & Love-It project and our current church bag I won at an auction to support our library. There are a few things that I would like to tweak next time: how to finish the bottom so there is no seam, how to do the squared-off bottom, and figure out how to get the batting and layers of fabric to all stick to each other. But some things turned out really well, too. I was proud of myself for figuring out how to do the pockets on the inside of the bag without seams showing (something I have in the other bag, but the tutorial I was following didn't). And just how it came together was super awesome. I had also found some yellow fabric with tiny white flowers all over it I was going to incorporate, but I just couldn't see how it would fit, so I left it off for now. I'm considering making a fabric flower or something to designate the front from the back and maybe that is where I could use that? A fun and much-needed project to get me back on track!

2 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

sew cute!

Tenika Dennis said...

I love it! You are so incredibly talented.