Monday

Something for Kaylie

 Our local grocery store had a huge fundraiser to support Primary Children's Medical Center this last Saturday, so we decided to join in. I don't know why, but when I saw the posters for the 5K race, I knew that we needed to do this for Kaylie and that I wanted to do it with my two kids. I know, crazy, right? But we did indeed do it despite the early hour (meaning grumpy kids) and lack of training. We somehow made it to the end with only a few trips running back for Sam for various reasons.
 I was able to find us all grey shirts and spent way too much time the night before printing, tracing, cutting, ironing, and painting the "Team Kaylie" onto the back of each of them. But it felt good to do something together for our angel up in heaven and I thought about her alot as I ran. After the race we went home and changed so we could hit up the 25 cent sale at the consignment store in Rexburg. This is such a sweet deal! Every item they have out is a quarter! And this time around I was able to find stuff for all of us and even some for my sister and her kiddos. At 25 cents a pop, why not?!
Then we headed home for lunch and naps (which we all needed desperately). After we got up, we went back to the local grocery store in hopes of being there for the raffle drawing to see if we won any of the cool prizes. Turns out they didn't do it when they said they were going to. But Sam got to throw balls to dunk an employee, get his face painted with a spider and web, and jump in the bouncy house. Then we headed over to the Early Iron car show. It has been the Jefferson County Fair this week and the grand finale is a car show of all sorts of cars, trucks, tractors, bikes, etc. The kids liked it pretty well and we really enjoyed getting a jump start on fair food by enjoying funnel cake topped with strawberries. It was a long, full, fun day! And we ended it the best with a trip to Sam's Club with Daddy for dinner and a new movie ("Hunger Games"!!)

*Sidenote* I did decide at the very last second to enter the "Death by Chocolate" contest that I won last year with my Almost-Too-Much-Chocolate cake. I decided since it was free to enter and I had some cookies left over from Book Group, I would go ahead and try. They were my Ande's Mint Cookies. I think they are to die for. But apparently it is quite difficult to surpass chocolate cake with chocolate cookies or candies because only cake entries won the top awards. Next year I will just do the cake again.

3 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

What an amazing day! I'm so glad you got to do something with your children that could be a beautiful tribute and reminder of your darling daughter! (I'm also a little jealous I couldn't go to the 25 cent sale with you!)

c a n d a c e said...

Beautiful blog post and pics, sis. So sorry I missed out on what looks like an AMAZING event. We love and miss Kaylie bug so much. Love you.

Unknown said...

Ohh, what a sweet day, although I got exhausted just reading about it.