Saturday

Enjoying the Lull

Sorry no posts this week, we really haven't been doing much except enjoying the last of the warm weather and the lull in between things. Robert finished grain harvest, but starts killing potatoes on Monday. At least spud harvest (so the really super long hours) doesn't start for a few weeks yet.

We were able to go visit a friend who had a new baby, play with friends, and last night I took Sam to an outside movie someone in the ward did as an end-of-summer party. They rented a projector and big blow-up screen and watched "The Lorax" (good movie if you haven't seen it). He loved it! Robert stayed home with Amy, which was really good since it was super late (for her) and because of the wind it was quite chilly.

Also this week I finally decided to do an entry for the state fair next week. I will be doing sugar flowers. The theme is fantasy flowers, so I am going to have alot of fun with color - hopefully it will go as planned, though! So that is what the picture above is all about. While Sam went and played with some friends in the ward, I got a start on the many, many leaves I will need to make and I was able to color all of my gumpaste. Now I need to make the bases for the roses, carnations, and mums so they can dry over the weekend and I can get crankin'.

I also am making cupcakes for our ward birthday party tonight and a German chocolate cake for a friend's birthday tomorrow. We get next week and then Grandma and Kurtis come back to visit, Jake and Stacey return for school, and Sam starts preschool. Oh how the time flies!

1 comment:

Tenika Dennis said...

It must be nice to have a break before your life gets crazy again! I can't wait to see your finished fair entry. :)