Friday

Completion feels GREAT!!

 So I was just going to do a quick post with these two preview pictures and then post the great pictures with the big reveal, but Blogger wasn't working and I am so excited about my flowers, I'm going to post them anyway and just let you know later how it all pans out.
 The theme for the sugar flower entries this year was Fantasy Flowers. So I decided to really play up the colors. It turned out pretty well. I got ALOT of practice. This took me about three solid days of working from morning until late lunch, while the kiddos were napping, and then again when they went to bed (so only stopping for lunch and late afternoon/dinnertime). I am SO glad for it to be done! My fingers have blisters from wrapping so many stems! I forgot to do final counts before putting everything together, but here is what I know: 60 leaves, 5 roses, 10 carnations, 15 mums, 2  lilies (12 petals and 6 leaves), and then not quite sure how many red/black blossoms (I think around 30)
 And here is the back of the finished product.
 The front
 Side 1
 Side 2
And a top view. Pictures don't do this justice (esp with my crappy camera that can't focus worth a darn), but you get the idea and I hope it does well at the fair. But I have no idea since I've never entered before. But at least I tried and I am excited and proud of my work! Wish me luck as I try to transport it all the way down to Blackfoot (45 mins away) and hope we don't have any misshaps! :)

2 comments:

Steph said...

I caught you on fb already, but I have to say again that these are gorgeous! The time and talent this must take is truly awe-inspiring! They are crazy if they don't give you an award!

Love you,

Aunt Stesph

Unknown said...

Awe, those are crazy cool! And so much work. Way impressive Christine. I'd hop right over to the fair to see them if I could.