Friday

A Long, Long Day


 It has been a long day in many ways, but has also been a good day, too. Let me share with you the reasons why. First off, Robert decided to take Sam with him to work to give me a break today. For those of you who don't know, this is a huge deal and rarely ever happens. Sam was ecstatic!! It was great for him to get out, spend time with Daddy and be away from Mommy for a while.
 Then, thanks to ever so sweet and thoughtful friends and family for the beautiful flowers that were brought over. The top are from my friend in the ward who just had a baby, meaning her life is just crazy right now. It meant so much to me (yes, I did start to cry) to know that she had taken the time out of her busy day to reach out to us. The bottom ones are from my sister, Candace and are simply gorgeous!
 And who's day wouldn't be brightened with seeing this sweet little one start to stand on her own? (No, not in this picture, but she did stand all by herself today for almost a minute, twice!) And then laugh and giggle?
 And if that isn't enough, how about the itty-bitty ponytail Mommy tried out? Or the pretty spring outfit given to her by a friend for Easter? If you really look, there really are many reasons to see why it has been a good day, too.
Side of the cake
But the reasons why it was a long day were #1 - today is the 3rd anniversary of our little Kaylie passing away and #2 I spent almost the entire day working on this birthday cake. It was so fun to try, but I also spent WAY too much time on things I probably should have just let go. But it was all worth it when I heard that little six-almost-seven-year-old's squeal of excitement when she saw her birthday cake for tomorrow. I am really pleased with how it came out and I learned alot of things NOT to do (like rolling white fondant after rolling black and not washing your hands in between).

2 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

I'm glad to hear that your day, though long, had some very good parts to it. The cake turned out amazing, you are so talented! And I can't believe how fast Amy is growing!

c a n d a c e said...

I love you, Sis! What a beautiful cake and an even more beautiful baby girl!! :)