Wednesday

Cake, Easter, and Seats

Cute little Amy in one of her many dresses.
Robert's sister-in-law, Stacey graduated from BYU-Idaho this last week - hooray! I was honored to make this surprise cake in her honor. It is red velvet with cream cheese icing. The blossom flowers and Gerbera Daisies are the flowers we learned to make in my first class of the Wilton Advanced Gumpaste Flowers course.

And because we had Grandma here to visit, we decided to try out the Rigby easter egg hunt. It wasn't too terrible. There was mainly candy and Sam just kind of stood there watching all the other kids pick up stuff, but I think he had a good time and I was glad to do something together and away from home.
Amy dressed appropriately for the hunt :) I did the ressurection cookies with Sam on Saturday night even though I knew he wouldn't understand most of it. He seemed to like it and we were able to have a nice family dinner with yummy food and good chatting that evening. Grandma left Monday to finish her trip visiting other family and doing a wedding cake but we were so glad to have her visit for a few days.

The rest of the week has been spent getting used to having a new friend in our home. I am babysitting a 5/6 month old baby girl because her regular babysitter is having her baby this week. Thankfully it will only be through the end of May, maybe a week or two into June (her Mommy is a school teacher). It has been a real challenge having two babies so close, yet so far apart. And somehow in all the mayhem of two babies competing for my arms and attention I have finally finished the seats for Robert's sand rail. I will have to get a final pic once he puts them in so you can see the finished rail, but the seats turned out ok I think. Definitely not professional, but functional and I think they will last pretty well. I'm just glad to have this project done so I can move on to easier and more enjoyable projects!! Tomorrow is my day off from babysitting, so we are going to make the most of it with a trip to Rexburg to show some college friends how to make jam, a quick trip to the salon for me to get my hair highlighted for summer and maybe a trip to the eye doctor for new contacts if all goes well. Wish us luck!!

1 comment:

Tenika Dennis said...

I forgot to tell you! Sam told me all about your cookies when I babysat and I was really impressed with his re-telling of the story of Jesus's resurrection. I can tell that you have taught him a lot about Jesus, and it's great! You are an amazing mom and the more time I spend with the kids, the more I appreciate all that you do for them. :)