Saturday

The Story of Amy

Ok, so as usual the pictures are in reverse order, but at least we finally got some up for you all to see our newest addition. This is Amy next to my friend, Julie's, little guy John who is six months old. He looks like a monster compared to our "large" baby :) It's just funny because three days ago John looked so small. Oh how our perspectives change!

Here she is this morning. The hospital I delivered at does some very generous things for their maternity patients, including a gift of a soft swaddler with the hospital's logo embroidered on the front.

All dolled up so everyone KNOWS she is a girl. I got tired of people calling her a "him" even with the pink tag on the bassinet :)

Chillin' with Auntie Corinne. Corinne is my oldest sister and just moved to Rigby in January with her family. Her sweet husband offered to take all the kids (six including Sam) all day Friday so Corinne could be with me at the hospital helping me take care of Amy and figure out the juggling act of breastfeeding.

Here's Sam holding his baby sister for the first time. He was so excited to come see us at the hospital.

My two sweet children. The changes have been difficult for Sam, but he has been doing well all things considered and I think spending the day with Mommy and Daddy tomorrow will help things alot. But we want to thank both sets of Potters for taking such good care of Sam and going the extra mile to do things with him to help not miss me as much.




Amy being taken care of by the nurses after delivery. She was born at 7:46am and weighed 8 pounds 8 oz. and is 20 inches long.





Proud Daddy.

First family picture. Robert couldn't get over the fact that they put a sticker on my forehead (to keep track of my temperature during surgery) and kept teasing me about it. The C-section was alot better this time around in my opinion. It helped that we had an awesome anesthesiologist who was very personable and also thoughtful. She took pictures for us and also unstrapped my arm so that I could at least stroke Amy while Robert held her for a little bit. She also pulled the drape down so I could see when they pulled Amy out. With Kaylie, I was only able to see her for a second and kiss her head before they took her away.


Amy has been great since delivery. She had no issues breathing and has only struggled with waking up when time to eat. She latches on and sucks well. Recovery from the C-section for me was a little rough in the beginning, which is the biggest reason why there were no phone calls or pictures for a while. Sorry to everyone who worried because we didn't contact them right away. But we are both home and doing great now.


I told Robert it was honestly present enough to be home with my new baby girl on Mother's Day, but he insisted on getting me something. So Friday he took Sam to go get Mommy a gift and he was so excited about it, it made me wonder but with everything else going on, I didn't have much time to speculate. Plus, I wanted to be surprised. When we got home today, I found my gift waiting in our bedroom. It was the bedroom!! I will leave it at that for now because I have to go get Sam in bed and feeding Amy, but I will post pictures and more explanation of my Mother's Day gift when I get another chance. Happy Mother's Day to all our mothers and friends out there!!

13 comments:

Maples Family!! said...

congrats on your little girl! That is the best mothers day present, i hope your recovery gets better!

Steph said...

Yay! I am so thrilled for you all! She's beautiful!! Congratulations!! I know your Mother's Day will be extra special!! Love you!

Melissa said...

Wow what a great Mother's Day gift. Congrats on your new baby girl she is so precious!

Bec Davis said...

Congratulations Christine. She is beautiful.

Julie Barnes said...

Congratulations!! She is so beautiful and I am so glad to hear you are already home and doing well. Happy Mother's Day!

Snort said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Congrats! She looks beautiful! I am glad everything is good!

Melanie Hensley said...

Congrats! So happy for your new little girl. So happy she is healthy. She is so cute.

Tenika Dennis said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I'm glad you are doing well and were able to get home in time for Mother's Day. Good luck as you continue recovering!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that everything went well. I hope you heal quickly! Can't wait to see your mothers day surprise!

Ashlee said...

Yay! We're so excited for you. Can't wait to meet cute little Amy. Too bad she probably won't be so little by then! Hope everything goes well with Sam adjusting to the changes.

c a n d a c e said...

*sniff* I'm SO HAPPY, sis!!! Thank you for sharing, I can't wait to meet sweet little Amy baby. Love you all.

Steph Vogel said...

I REALLY need to check these pages more often,... got a new great niecie for my b-day and didn't even know it! -- Congrats! She's a keeper!