Monday

Quick Post

Just wanted to post some cute pictures we took of Sam and Amy this morning. Amy is a champ at breastfeeding now, it is such a relief that it hasn't been a major obstacle! Sam was quite whiney yesterday, which made me worry about his adjusting to the new norm, but has been better today. He loves getting things for me to help with Amy and has asked to hold her several times so I think he is enjoying being a big brother. And to all of those who are skeptical, I know it will most likely be up and down, but I am grateful that at least for now it is up and that Sam can be here with us and I don't have to ship him off to someone else's because I can't handle him. That at this point is what I consider important.





It was so fun today Amy decided to stay up for a little while. Everyone knows babies are really sleepy in the beginning and she has had times when she has opened her eyes, but today was the first time she just sat and stayed awake for a while. Thus all the pictures trying to grasp what a beautiful and content baby she is.


With a little hat on. Don't remember where we got this little hat, but it is adorable, even though it is still quite large for her head. I am learning that there is alot I have forgotten about having a newborn and one of those many things is how many times you change diapers! Yesterday we had an episode where she pooped six times in a row, soiling four diapers, before we had break enough to get her dressed again. And today I would change her poopy diaper and just as I am getting her wrapped back up, another squirt! Quite the change from no diapers at all for nearly a year, let alone so many in one day!

4 comments:

Ben & Carli said...

So beautiful Christine! I can't believe how much she has changed since I saw her on Friday morning. I am going to have to sneak back over soon and peak at her before she is all grown up. She looks lovely in purple. On a side note, I really need to measure you so I can make your sling or you could measure yourself and email me the measurement if you aren't ready for visitors (which I totally understand). it is just from the top of your shoulder to the crest of your opposite hip. One more thought the bedroom set is beautiful. Happy Mother's Day, you are a great one!

Julie said...

I am so glad taht today has been better. I hope that you can have more up days than down. We are going to do school on Wednesday at Corinne's so I was thinking I could get Sam on my way over. Let me know if that works for you. Also I am going to IF tomorrow, so if you need anything, let me know.

Tenika Dennis said...

What a completely adorable baby you have! I love the picture of Amy and Sam. And I'm so impressed that she has caught on to breast feeding so well. I wish I could say the same!

Unknown said...

These pictures make me excited for our little girl to get here soon! I'm hoping Ian loves his baby sister, too! Glad to hear that you having fun with your little one.