Monday

Mother's Day Gift

So Robert and I have wanted to get a king bed for a while. A queen just isn't big enough for both of us when I am pregnant and since I have been pregnant four times in the five years we have been married, it has been an issue. We had thought about getting a bedroom set a few weeks ago and found one we really liked at Sam's Club, but with buying the house and a new little one on the way, we decided that it should wait.

While I was in the hospital recovering from the C-section, Robert got that very distinct look on his face that usually means he just came up with the perfect gift. He told me he was going to take Sam Friday morning and go get Mommy a Mother's Day gift. What is funny is that even though I knew he had come with what he thought was an awesome idea, I was ok with waiting to see what the surprise was. Turns out Robert was looking at our bank accounts and he simply decided that it was something we could afford and something that would make my life more comfortable and that was all it took for him to make the decision. When he went to Sam's Club to buy the one we had admired he found the set was on sale for 50% off for Mother's Day! He bought the set and then went over to the mattress outlet store and purchased a very nice mattress and boxspring and new sheets. Ben and Corinne went in on the conspiracy to get the entire thing home and completely set up for when I got home from the hospital Saturday afternoon. I could not believe my eyes!! Of course I started bawling (I have been a real boob lately) and the Potters had also taken our old bed downstairs and set it up for when my mom comes to help out and had cleaned the entire house. Something I had meant to do before the C-section, but chose to party instead. It is times like this that I cannot believe what a kind, thoughtful husband I have!! Thankyou sweetheart for once again spoiling me and reminding me how much you love me! I hope all of our mother friends and family out there had a wonderful Mother's Day, I know mine was unforgettable!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

That is a beautiful bed! I can't wait to see it in person. I am glad that you got your house cleaned. I meant to go and do it, and never got over there. I hope things are going well.

Tenika Dennis said...

Wow! What a beautiful bedroom set! That is so sweet of your husband and your family to make your Mother's Day so special!

c a n d a c e said...

WOO HOO!! Way to go Robert - very very gorgeous!! Love the pics of the bedroom set and of precious Amy baby!!! :) xo xo